You are viewing the article What is Powerpoint? Information that you should know about Microsoft Powerpoint at Lassho.edu.vn you can quickly access the necessary information in the table of contents of the article below.
PowerPoint is known as an indispensable presentation software, used by a large number of students, office workers,… So what is Powerpoint? Immediately see the information that you should know about Microsoft Powerpoint below to help you work and study!
What is Powerpoint?
PowerPoint is part of the Microsoft Office toolkit, which is a presentation software that uses slides to convey information. It allows users to create slides for presentations to show messages in classes or meetings.
With great uses, PowerPoint is an extremely useful tool and is widely used in teaching, learning, and businesses.
- Businesses can create presentations for their products and services.
- Help teachers and lecturers in educational organizations create lively and intuitive lessons for the classroom.
- Help create presentation files such as marketing, projects, weddings, diagrams, … with countless formats and rich signature.
- The effects combined with impressive images will attract the attention of viewers.
The history of development of Microsoft Powerpoint
The original release was called “Presenter” designed for Macintosh computers by Thomas Rudkin and Dennis Austin. It was renamed PowerPoint in 1987 due to trademark issues from Robert Gaskins. That same August, Forethought Inc was acquired by Microsoft for $14,000,000. From here, PowerPoint officially became Microsoft’s graphics business unit.
Over the years there have been many versions of the Microsoft Office suite, including PowerPoint. Here are the recent Microsoft Office Suite with PowerPoint:
- PowerPoint Online (or PowerPoint 365) is available and updated regularly in Office 365
- PowerPoint 2016 is available in Office 2016
- PowerPoint 2013 is available in Office 2013
- PowerPoint 2010 is available in Office 2010
- PowerPoint 2007 is already included in Office 2007
- PowerPoint 2003 is included with Office 2003
- PowerPoint 2002 is already included with Office XP
- PowerPoint is also available for Macintosh computers, as well as phones and tablets
The most outstanding features of Powerpoint
Not only for designing and presenting slides, but PowerPoint also has outstanding features to beat all competitors.
Zoom – Highlight
Thanks to this feature, you can select which slides you want to highlight so that the tool automatically creates one slide as the menu for all other slides.
Not only does it bring appeal to viewers, it helps to better represent the theme and overall context of the slideshow.
This is a new type of slide transition, PowerPoint will recognize the circle as the same content and will automatically increase the size during the transition. Using Morph keeps things smooth and seamless, and makes it easy to see how the content on the slides changes from the first slide to the next.
Design ideas – Available designs
As you insert content, the designer automatically generates a design concept for your PowerPoint file, and adjusts it to match the template’s specific color scheme and style.
Slide hyperlink – Slide link
This feature allows you to create pivot points to jump to different slides in the presentation. This will help you create direct links to other slides, thereby easily moving between the desired slides.
Structure of a Powerpoint page
The structure of a basic Powerpoint page includes the interface containing commands and controls and the main interface.
Interface containing commands and controls
1. The title bar at the top shows the name of the presentation.
2. The Ribbon below the title bar includes command tags.
3. File menu on the left of the title bar contains the most frequently used commands such as creating new files, saving, printing, …
4. Three window control buttons on the right end of the title bar.
5. Quick toolbar is located to the right of the title bar, showing Save, Undo, Redo buttons.
1. The Overview window contains thumbnails of all the slides in the presentation.
2. Slide shows the current page of the presentation.
3. Notes is located at the bottom of the slide window, allowing you to create notes for the slide.
4. Shortcut buttons at the bottom allow to change the display state, slide show, zoom in and out.
Terms often mentioned when using Powerpoint
Here are the most commonly used terms associated with Powerpoint:
- Slideshow and Presentation: Represents the overall document that you create in the application.
- Slides: Each slideshow in PowerPoint contains multiple slides, which are pages that you can add to your presentation.
- Animation: These are the visual effects that give the elements in the slide to make the presentation more attractive.
- Transition: The effect when moving to the next slide makes the presentation more prominent.
What industries does Powerpoint apply to today?
PowerPoint makes it easy for anyone to create, collaborate, and present ideas in a dynamic, creative, and intuitive way. With great benefits, this tool is used in many fields from personal to business, educational purposes.
Objects using Powerpoint
In education, PowerPoint helps teachers present more vivid and attractive lectures. Along with that, students easily collaborate, thereby presenting their ideas and reports to teachers and friends.
In business, PowerPoint helps create successful product and service presentations. In addition, it supports creating documents, presentations for projects, budgets and finances, creating certificates, calendars, reports, diagrams and charts for any industry.
Hope the above knowledge about Microsoft Powerpoint will help you. If you have any suggestions, please comment below for everyone to discuss!
Thank you for reading this post What is Powerpoint? Information that you should know about Microsoft Powerpoint at Lassho.edu.vn You can comment, see more related articles below and hope to help you with interesting information.