You are viewing the article What is an air conditioner block? Functions and types of air conditioning blocks today at Lassho.edu.vn you can quickly access the necessary information in the table of contents of the article below.
The air conditioner block is one of the important and indispensable parts in the air conditioner. So what is the air conditioner block? What is its function and how is it structured? Please refer to the article below with lassho.edu.vn right away!
What is an air conditioner block?
The air conditioner block, or air conditioner block, also known as the air conditioner compressor, is a closed motor (electric motor) that is responsible for sucking and pushing gas in the pipes and creating a large differential pressure. Through the cable, the gas will be converted to liquid by a large differential pressure from the original gas form , creating a transition between the indoor and outdoor units.
The air conditioner block plays an indispensable role in the structural system of the air conditioner. Therefore, you should regularly check this part periodically to ensure good operation and extended life.
The air conditioner block is a closed electric motor that plays an important role in the operation of the device
Function of the air conditioner block
The main function of the air conditioner block is to circulate the refrigerant in the conduit system from the indoor unit to the hot and vice versa.
The refrigerant in the indoor unit is continuously sucked and compressed at high pressure, converting the refrigerant from gas to liquid. During the conversion , a very high temperature (100 degrees Celsius) is generated, which is blown to the outside through the outdoor unit. This is also the reason why the outdoor unit always emits hot steam and has dry wind.
When the temperature in the room is not satisfactory, the block will work to create the circulation of the refrigerant in the pipe. This helps the process of discharging the heat of the outdoor unit and collecting the heat of the indoor unit continuously.
The function of the air conditioner block is to circulate gas in the pipeline system from indoor to hot and vice versa
Popular types of air-conditioner blocks
Piston air conditioner block
Structure: Consists of crankshaft, piston, side arm, compression chamber, suction chamber, thrust and suction clapper, silencer, rotor, stator, contacts, suction and thrust line, intake manifold, oil.
Working principle: Mainly includes suction and compression cycle.
- During the suction cycle, the piston will move from the left dead center to the right, increasing the cylinder volume and reducing the pressure. At this time, because the pressure in the cylinder is lower than the pressure in the suction cavity, gas will move into the cylinder cavity.
- During the compression cycle, the piston moves in the opposite direction to the suction cycle, reducing cylinder volume and increasing pressure. The pressure difference pushes the gas into the compression chamber, resulting in condensation.
Structure of piston air-conditioner block
Air conditioning block coil (spiral)
Structure: New generation air conditioners often use coil blocks because they have the ability to cool quickly. The coil block consists of 2 spiral discs: 1 disk in the stationary state and 1 disk rotating in orbit.
Working principle: In the process of moving from the space between the two large disks to the space between the two smaller disks, gas will be compressed. From there, the volume decreases and the pressure increases and then compresses the gas. Next, this pressure will be released to the outside and complete the operation cycle.
The coil air conditioner block is quite popular
Swing air conditioner block
Swing air conditioner block
Application of air-conditioner block
The air-conditioner block is likened to the “heart”, the life of the air conditioner. This unit has the function of sucking gas from the indoor unit in the form of a gas, then compressing it into a liquid form and then pushing it through the outdoor unit to discharge heat to the outside. As a result, the outside space becomes cool in the summer, while warm in the winter.
The air conditioner block plays an important role in helping the air conditioning equipment to become cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.
What should be noted when using the air conditioner block?
Signs of a damaged air conditioner block
To identify a damaged air conditioner block, you can rely on the following warning signs:
- The air conditioner block is abnormally hot.
- The air conditioner works but the room temperature is not stable.
- The fans in the indoor and outdoor units operate normally, but they emit wind and even heat from the indoor unit, rather than spreading cold air.
- The air conditioner has strange noises in the outdoor unit, noise and even loud noises continuously.
- The outdoor unit of the air conditioner encounters an abnormally continuous shutdown and disconnection.
- The air conditioner shows signs of water leakage or snow accumulation in copper pipes and pipe connections.
Leaking water in the connecting pipe of the air conditioner can be a sign of a damaged device block
The reason why the air conditioner block is broken
There are many different causes that lead to a damaged air conditioner block, including:
- The air conditioner has a capacity that is not suitable for the volume and area of the room, causing the block to work continuously without rest. This situation leads to overcrowding.
- The air conditioner block is installed incorrectly.
- The installation position of the outdoor unit of the air conditioner is not carefully covered, not avoiding direct sunlight, which easily makes the air conditioner block hot and damaged.
- The power source used for the air conditioner is weak or unstable.
- Air conditioners are not cleaned and maintained periodically, dirt and bacteria accumulate after a long time of use, leading to poor cooling quality.
- Fan motor stops working, outdoor unit fan stops working or is weak.
- The lubrication mode of the block is not effective.
- Cement opening.
- Some coils in the machine’s motor burned out.
- The unit fan is not hot enough, the block motor is not spinning, or the capacitor problem causes the thermic to jump for protection.
- The control board of the air conditioner is faulty, causing the device block to lose power and open circuit.
The control board is faulty, causing the machine block to open and be damaged
What to do when the air conditioner block is broken
As soon as you notice the warning signs of a damaged air conditioner block, you need to do the following:
- Choose a block with a capacity suitable for the area, room volume and usage needs.
- Before installation, carefully check the amount of oil in the air conditioner block, the current, the push voltage, the amount of cables and current clamps, etc. to make sure they are not malfunctioning.
- Vacuum clean the vacuum in the machine block, proceed to charge the air conditioner according to the capacity that the manufacturer instructs.
Air conditioning block is an important and complicated part, if you do not have professional training, you should not repair it yourself. It is best to contact a technician for the safest and most effective way to fix it, to avoid causing other more serious problems!
Contact technical staff for professional repair if the air conditioner block is damaged
How to use it to increase the life of the air conditioner block
To increase the life of the air conditioner block, you need to note the following usage:
- Regularly clean, clean the air conditioner and periodically maintain, especially the filter
- Wash the outdoor unit and indoor unit of the device periodically to avoid long-term accumulation of dirt, causing the block to operate unstable.
- Choose an air conditioner with a capacity suitable for the size of the room to use
Clean the air conditioner periodically to increase the life of the air conditioner block
The cost of replacing the air conditioner block
The air conditioner block is an important part of the device, so if it is replaced, the cost is not cheap. On average, with an air conditioner with a capacity of 9,000 BTU – 48,000 BTU, the price to replace the block is from 2,300,000 to 10,000,000 VND (updated in April 2023) or even more.
The cost of replacing the air conditioner block above is for reference only, the price may change over time and depend on each type of air conditioner, as well as the brand and capacity of the machine. The larger the capacity of the air conditioner, the higher the block price.
The cost of replacing the air conditioner block is not cheap, ranging from 2,300,000 to 10,000,000 VND depending on the model, brand and capacity of the machine.
Hopefully, the above article will help you understand more about what an air conditioner block is, as well as the function and structure of the types of air conditioning blocks commonly used on the market today. Any questions, please leave a comment below for lassho.edu.vn to support!
Thank you for reading this post What is an air conditioner block? Functions and types of air conditioning blocks today at Lassho.edu.vn You can comment, see more related articles below and hope to help you with interesting information.