You are viewing the article What is a rangefinder? Everything you need to know about distance meters at Lassho.edu.vn you can quickly access the necessary information in the table of contents of the article below.
Distance meter is a useful device that is applied a lot in surveying, construction, sports,… Together with lassho.edu.vn learn what a distance meter is and what you need to know about a distance meter. right now!
What is a rangefinder? How many types are there?
What is a rangefinder?
The distance meter is a specialized distance measuring instrument , which helps to reduce time and increase the efficiency and accuracy of measurement work in the geodetic industry.
Currently, distance meters use modern lasers to measure for the most accurate results (with an error of only about 1 – 2 mm ) from measuring length, area to volume and even angles. Laser distance meter is widely used in surveying, construction, mapping, …
How many types of rangefinders are there?
There are two common types of laser rangefinders: binocular rangefinders and cell phone rangefinders.
- Binocular rangefinder:
The binocular rangefinder is shaped like a binocular, measures the height, width in the working range, measures the angle between you and the object being measured, measures the speed of movement of the measured object, …
The available distances of the machines are usually the smallest 5m and the largest 300m, 600m, 900m, 1200m, 1500m depending on the type. When you take a measurement, the information will be displayed on the LCD screen after only a few seconds.
Binocular rangefinder is often used to measure long distances , outdoor use such as hunting, golfing, forestry, …
- Cell phone rangefinder:
The handset-style rangefinder has an almost phone-like shape with simple buttons and a display. Some rangefinders are equipped with a color display that makes it easy to read the results.
The machine integrates functions such as calculating area, volume, height, … Besides, the machine also has the ability to store data , work in low light environment, compact size is the advantage of this type. this rangefinder.
This machine has the advantage of being compact, but the measuring distance is shorter than that of binoculars with a measuring range of 0.05 – 50m , so it is often used in homes, construction or interior design,…
Operating principle and structure of the distance meter
Working principle of distance meter
Laser rangefinders work based on the reflection of the laser beam. Projector from point to point, when the laser hits an obstacle, it will provide feedback. Based on the speed of propagation and the time to and from the laser beam, the computer calculates the distance from the point where the machine is placed to the object to be measured.
Structure of the distance meter
The rangefinder structure usually includes a aiming unit, a laser pulse generator, a tripod, a monitor unit and a keyboard.
Depending on the machine, the structure may vary slightly, but most are focused on the laser beam. The machine uses energy from the battery to operate and the tripod to fix the machine.
Main features of the rangefinder
The distance meter has a variety of features and utilities such as:
- Measurement of measurement values: The machine is capable of measuring measurement values such as length, width, volume, …
- Unit conversion: The machine can convert between length units such as meters, inches and feet, …
- Automatic calculation: From the obtained parameters, the machine can automatically calculate the area, circumference, volume, …
- Measured value storage: After measuring, the meter can save data for review or delete when no longer needed.
How to use the rangefinder
Measure the length, add up the results
To measure the length and accumulate the results, users follow the following steps:
- Step 1: Click the Func function button (for Bosch models) or the square button with a slash (for SNDWAY models) and switch the machine to Length mode to measure the length.
- Step 2: Place the distance meter at the landmark, use the button with the triangle icon (for Bosch models) or Read (for SNDWAY models) to get the results.
- Step 3: Press the + or – button to add or subtract and get the actual result displayed on the screen.
Measure volume, area
To measure volume and area, users follow these steps:
- Step 1: Click the function button Func (for Bosch models) or the square button with a slash (for SNDWAY models) and switch the machine to rectangular or cube mode.
- Step 2: Place the device in a fixed position and conduct horizontal and vertical measurements of the object to be measured to obtain results about the area of the object. Or measure the length, width, and height to get the volume of the object.
Measure the Pythagorean
To measure the Pythagorean user follow these steps:
- Step 1: Click the Func function button (for Bosch models) and switch the machine to Pitago mode.
- Step 2: Set the machine fixed and press the red triangle button to measure the 2 sides of the right triangle. Then you will get the results displayed on the screen.
Several factors affect the measurement results
To obtain accurate measurement results, you need to pay attention to a few factors:
- The light of the environment when measuring: The device will give more accurate results when used indoors, less affected by sunlight, and dark colored objects are also a factor that helps increase accuracy compared to when measuring objects with light colors, which are prone to reflections.
- Skill towards measuring point: When using a rangefinder, it is difficult for the user to measure the perpendicular to the object, but the length of the oblique line will be measured. Therefore, the measurement results will not be completely accurate and have small deviations.
- The appearance of shielding objects when measuring: In fact, when measuring, there will always be obstacles from the point of placing the machine to the object to be measured. Therefore, the laser beam will sometimes be interrupted and affect the accuracy of the measurement results.
Price of distance meter on the market
Distance meters have diverse prices, ranging from 1.1 to 4 million VND (price updated in August 2022 and may change over time) , suitable for many user segments:
- The Bosch distance meter comes from the Bosch brand, priced from 1.1 to 4 million dong .
- Ryobi distance meter comes from Ryobi brand, priced at about 1.8 million dong .
You should carefully consider the desired features, choose the meter according to actual use needs and consider the price to get yourself the right meter.
Above is the basic information about the distance meter. Hope you will get more useful information about this machine through this article.
Thank you for reading this post What is a rangefinder? Everything you need to know about distance meters at Lassho.edu.vn You can comment, see more related articles below and hope to help you with interesting information.