You are viewing the article What is a motion sensor? Working principle and application at Lassho.edu.vn you can quickly access the necessary information in the table of contents of the article below.
Motion sensor is a smart device and is being widely applied in security monitoring, combined with light and sound devices. Let’s refer to the article of lassho.edu.vn to learn about the principle of operation as well as the applications of this sensor device right away!
See now screwdrivers at SHOCKING prices
What is a motion sensor?
A motion sensor is defined as an electrical device equipped with a special type of sensor that detects physical movements on a device or in a real environment. In addition, the device is also capable of detecting and capturing physico-activity movements in real time.
Types of motion sensors
Depending on the supporting technology and purpose of use, motion sensors are classified into the following 4 main types:
Infrared (PIR) Type
This is the most commonly used type of sensor and is used to detect body temperature, thereby alerting the presence of people or animals.
Infrared sensor is also known as PIR because most warm-blooded animals produce IR radiation – this is the basis for this type of sensor to be able to detect abnormal changes in the environment. to give timely warnings.
A microwave sensor is a type of sensor that works by sending microwave pulses into the environment within a certain range to monitor the movement of objects within that range.
Depending on the width – the narrowness of the coverage, the sensitivity as well as the cost of this type of sensor will also be changed. Specifically, if you choose a wide coverage area, the sensitivity of the sensor will be stronger and the cost will also be higher.
Type of ultrasound
This is a type of sensor that uses ultrasonic waves emitted in a certain range of space to monitor and track the movement of any object within that range.
Through the reflection of sound waves, this sensor will detect and calculate the movement of objects in that environment most accurately.
Dual technology type
This is the type of sensor that is considered the most modern and gives the most accurate results. Integrated with various sensor technologies, the dual-technology sensor has more accurate sensitivity and better efficiency during operation.
Working principle of motion sensor
The principle of operation of the motion sensor device is simply understood as follows:
When an object (human, animal, object, …) appears within the operating space of sensors such as: Infrared rays, microwaves, sound waves, … then the rays / this wave will immediately be scattered causing the sensor to be disconnected and the signal will be sent directly to pre-installed control centers such as: Smartphone, laptop,…
For example, a motion sensor can detect and send an alarm to a homeowner’s phone device when a stranger breaks in.
Benefits of motion sensors
Thanks to the great benefits of motion sensors, it is being used more and more commonly in our daily lives. Some of the benefits of this device that we can mention are:
Unauthorized intrusion detection
Users can install this device at home to ensure the safety of themselves and their families against incidents such as theft, unauthorized entry, etc. based on abnormal motion detection, The device will quickly send a signal to the user to take appropriate countermeasures, protect life and property.
In addition, the motion sensor can recognize and distinguish which presence is of a person or a pet in the house to avoid misleading alarms to users.
Help save energy for indoor lighting system
Thanks to the temperature sensor on the human body, the electric light system will automatically illuminate more easily and conveniently. This saves energy and avoids waste when not in use.
In addition to intrusion warnings, motion sensors are also very popular in homes with young children. Thanks to motion detection, the device will give timely signals to parents when young children move to dangerous locations in the house such as balconies, stairs, …
Motion sensor installation instructions
How to install the motion sensor is carried out according to the following steps:
– Choose the installation location such as: Walls, ceilings, wall corners, doors, … at places suitable for the intended use of the device.
– After fixing the back cover with screws, you continue to fix the support plate on the wall or ceiling through the included accessories.
Step 2: Align the stopper for the frame firmly.
Step 3: Push the back stopper from top to bottom all the way to keep it in place.
Note when using motion sensor
– You need to carry out the installation and use steps in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
– Minimize touching the device surface directly to ensure sensitivity. If you need to clean the surface of the sensor, you should use a clean, soft cloth and dip it in an alcohol-based cleaning solution to clean the device. Note: You should cut off the power before doing so to ensure safety.
– The device should not be installed and used in environmental conditions with drastic temperature changes to ensure sensitivity and effectiveness.
– You should note that the height of the installation location is within 2m and the device should be installed parallel to the wall to ensure the most effective performance.
– Each sensor device, no matter how effective it is, cannot provide users with 100% efficiency and safety. Therefore, besides using sensor devices, users should combine increased vigilance at all times to ensure their own safety.
Application of motion sensor with smart home (Smart home)
Motion sensors are increasingly popular with smart homes thanks to the automation, accuracy and safety of the device:
– Installing a motion sensor device will help you detect the presence of other objects in your home.
– The installation of a motion sensor in combination with the lighting system will help the lights to automatically turn on in a very convenient way.
– In addition, when installed outside with a camera, the lights will automatically illuminate and the image of the intruder will be recorded on the camera and sent directly to the control center.
Above is an article to inform you about the motion sensor device and its operating principle as well as its applications in life. Wish you have useful information through the article of lassho.edu.vn.
Thank you for reading this post What is a motion sensor? Working principle and application at Lassho.edu.vn You can comment, see more related articles below and hope to help you with interesting information.