You are viewing the article What is a Fixed Gear bike? Pros and cons of Fixed Gear bikes at Lassho.edu.vn you can quickly access the necessary information in the table of contents of the article below.
Fixed Gear bicycle is one of the popular sports bikes by users because it has a simple design, light weight and can go backwards. To know more about what Fixed Gear bike is, what are the advantages and disadvantages, please follow the following article.
What is a Fixed Gear bike?
Fixed Gear bicycles, also known as bicycles without brakes, are vehicles with a simple structure. The car moves thanks to the chain connecting the cassette and the disc drum and can only move when the pedal is in motion.
Due to the characteristic of the cassette is that the gear is dead, so the bike can go backwards, when pedaling forward, the bike will move forward, and when pedaling backwards, the bike will go backwards and when not pedaling, the car stops moving.
There are two types of Fixed Gear bikes:
- Fixed Gear reverse pedal to stop the bike: Easy to use and safe for beginners
- Fixed Gear pedal reverse pedal to go backwards: Difficult to practice, structured in the style of a hub to capture the cassette and frame, so when pedaling forward, the bike will move forward, and when pedaling backwards, the bike will move backwards.
These two bikes are suitable for people who love to travel, go for a walk or go to school and can be used in all different weather conditions. However, this is a car without brakes, so the driver needs to get used to it before using it on crowded streets.
Why are Fixed Gear bikes popular with young people?
In foreign countries, Fixed Gear bicycles are often used to participate in street bike races or even used to deliver mail or express delivery, etc., so it is no longer strange to the people here. .
In contrast, Fixed Gear bicycles have only been introduced to Vietnam in the last 5 years. Although the trend of using Fixed Gear bicycles is quite new, it is well received by many young people, especially in big cities like Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
This bike line impresses with its simplicity and personalization , suitable for today’s active youth. You can spray paint, draw text, create shapes, … turn the Fixed Gear full of personality according to your own style.
The attraction of Fixed Gear bikes is also in the challenge of riding. Unlike regular bicycles, because there is no brake, Fixed Gear bikes require the rider to calculate the stopping distance in advance and gradually release the pedal rhythm to be reasonable.
Moreover, when owning and mastering a Fixed Gear bike, riders will be able to freely create, freely control and perform the techniques they like, with a personal impression.
Advantages and disadvantages of Fixed Gear bikes
- The design is simple but equally impressive: Fixed Gear bicycles have a non-brake design, so small details such as brakes and wires connecting from the brake to the wheel are limited. On the other hand, the car is designed by the manufacturers with personality and outstanding colors, making the car more impressive and fashionable compared to conventional traditional models.
- Ability to go backwards: You can go backwards, or stop the car by stepping backwards on the pedal (depending on the model) and easily move through difficult roads without feeling obstructed. In addition, this car does not make the driver lose too much strength because the car is light, smooth and easy to control.
- Long life: Fixed Gear bikes have a sturdy design with some lines having frames made from durable steel alloys, so users do not have to maintain and repair too often.
- Difficult and dangerous for beginners to ride a Fixed Gear bike because this is a bike without brakes, different from traditional bike models.
- If the driver is not used to it, it is easy to touch the front wheel to the foot while turning.
- Braking is difficult when driving at fast speeds.
- The price is relatively high compared to traditional cars, ranging from 2 million to 15 million .
Notes when using Fixed Gear bike
When using a Fixed Gear bike, you need to pay attention to some of the following issues to ensure that the bike is always new, durable and safe to use:
Install the brake system for the car
When you start riding a Fixed Gear bike, you will feel very new, and sometimes because of the unfamiliar control will cause you unwanted injuries.
Therefore, to ensure safety during practice, you can consider adding a brake system to the car.
Train in a safe place
In addition, you should choose the time to train in the evening or early morning, avoid roads with a lot of traffic, especially in big cities when the amount of traffic is crowded, which can hinder the exercise. practice, even endangering yourself.
Don’t listen to music
When riding a bicycle without brakes or any other vehicle, you should not listen to music. Because when driving, you need to be very focused and watch the road. Music in your headphones can distract you and distract you from other vehicles’ signals.
When traveling on the road, you cannot avoid unexpected collisions. Therefore, equipping yourself with a cycling helmet will help limit injuries.
Comply with traffic laws
You should stay in the right lane for cyclists to avoid unnecessary collisions and avoid traffic violations.
Contact the pedal with the forefoot of the foot
Cycling with the back of the foot will create a comfortable feeling when in contact with the pedal, avoiding muscle tension like when contacting the soles of the feet, and at the same time better transmitting power to help you easily control the bike. when moving.
Don’t stand to ride a bike
Drivers should also pay attention not to joke around or stand up while driving for the safety of themselves and other road users. Especially with Fixed Gear bikes due to the special operating mechanism, standing and cycling is very dangerous, making it difficult for you to handle when there is a problem.
Hopefully the above article will help you understand more about Fixed Gear bicycles. Any questions please leave a comment below!
Thank you for reading this post What is a Fixed Gear bike? Pros and cons of Fixed Gear bikes at Lassho.edu.vn You can comment, see more related articles below and hope to help you with interesting information.