You are viewing the article What is a bike rack? The most popular types of bike racks at Lassho.edu.vn you can quickly access the necessary information in the table of contents of the article below.
The hub is a very important part that helps the bike move so you get the best cycling experience. Let lassho.edu.vn learn about what a bicycle hub is as well as the common types of bicycle hubs through the following article!
What is a bike rack? Bicycle carrier technology
1.1. What is a bike rack?
This is a part of the bicycle wheel, whose job is to rotate and help create movement for the bike when you move. This is a part that is often forgotten but has a great influence on the level of glide and lightness when you ride a bike.
If the sprocket can stop when you let go, the hub will keep spinning even when you’re not pedaling. Therefore, the bumper part in terms of gliding will have a higher importance than other parts.
The bumper will be designed with a one-way rotation. This means that when you step on it, this part will turn forward. And in case the car stops or reverses, the bumper will not be affected, except for some fixie hubs.
The bicycle hub is a part of the bicycle wheel
1.2. Bicycle carrier technology
Bearing hub – Cone hub (Cone hub, ball hub):
- This type of hub has the advantage of having a simple design, cheap and easy to replace.
- The disadvantage is that there is no bounce, which is most often mounted on pre-assembled cars. Besides, re-installing the ball for the hub after maintenance requires a lot of patience.
- The hub will be used with balls arranged to form a circle instead of using bearings.
- The current ball bearing is an old technology and also more user-friendly.
Bearing hub – Cone hub has the advantage of having a simple design, cheap and easy to replace
- Dum will be used the pawls (hooves, pure Vietnamese name and known by many as dogs) held by springs. When cycling, the dogs will expand, then lock into the grooves on the body of the hub to transmit pedal force to the wheel.
- When stopping, the dogs will retract to help the wheel rotate according to the available inertia. The clump sound is the sound of dogs starting to slide through the tracks when you’re not cycling, the sound depends on the track, number and build of the dog.
- After a period of use, the dogs may wear out, leading to the dog not being able to catch into the trench, causing the dog to slip.
- The more grooves, the better the litter will work, but the more grooves, the more contact area between the track and the dog will make it easier to slide the dog. So to overcome can increase the number of dogs.
Palw Hub is held by spring
- This is a hub technology that uses a pair of ratchet wheels with teeth that lock into the groove on the hub body when cycling. Also release when you stop pedaling thanks to the spring.
- The ratchet hub is usually classified based on the number of teeth on the ratchet. For example ratchet 54T is ratchet with 54 teeth. With some lines, you can also buy removable gears to change the number of gears to your liking.
Ratchet Hub is a hub technology that uses a pair of ratchet wheels with teeth that lock into the groove on the hub body
Types of popular bicycle hubs today
2.1. Fuck first
The front hub will have three types: QR quick lock hub, 15mm shaft hub and Boost hub.
QR Quick Lock:
- Available in 100mm length with 5mm diameter locking pins.
- Often used on basic off-road vehicles, middle-class old models.
- The advantage is that it is easy to remove the wheels, suitable for moving on flat or slightly rough terrain.
- The disadvantage is that it is not suitable for moving on complex terrain or performing technical movements. Because the quick lock shaft is very small and easily bent when there is a large impact force.
15mm shaft hub:
- The hub has a length of 100mm, using a large shaft with a diameter of 15mm.
- Used on high-end off-road vehicles and new models.
- This type of truss is quite safe when going through complex terrain or performing technical movements.
- The downside is that it has a high price and is still not widely available at spare parts stores in Vietnam.
- The length of the hub is extended to each side by 5mm, which helps to increase the tilt angle of the spokes and make the wheel more solid.
- Suitable for mountain bikes.
- Dum Boost is quite new, so it will be difficult to buy in Vietnam market.
The front hub will have three types: QR quick-lock hub, 15mm shaft hub and Boost hub
2.2. Rear hub (Rear axle)
The rear hub also includes three types of hubs: QR quick lock, 142mmx12mm shaft hub and Boost hub.
QR Quick Lock:
- Has a length of 135mm and uses a small shaft measuring 5mm.
- Used for basic and mid-range mountain bikes.
- With the advantage of being cheap, easy to buy at parts stores as well as easy to disassemble.
Shaft hub 142mmx12mm:
- The core diameter is 142mmx12mm.
- To use this type of hub, the chassis must be sized appropriately for the length of the hub as well as the appropriate hole diameter to accommodate the shaft.
- The size of each side is increased by 3cm and the width of the two spokes is increased by 6mm. The ribs are also extended to 148mm.
- The advantage of this type of hub is that it has very good quality and rigidity.
- The disadvantage is that it is quite difficult to buy in Vietnam market.
The rear hub also includes three types of hubs: QR quick lock, 142mmx12mm shaft hub and Boos hub.
How to choose the right bike rack
To choose the right bike rack for the best cycling experience, please refer to the information below.
3.1. Measure rib size
When buying a bicycle seat, if you use a QR quick lock, there is no need to size the frame. If you use another hub or Boost, measure the side spacing where the hub is mounted to see which size corresponds to the length of the hub.
Measure the size of the bicycle side
3.2. Straight disc mounting shaft
After you have determined the size of the hub, you will need to determine what type of brake disc is most appropriate for your needs. There are two types of commonly used brake discs: 6-screw disc and Center lock disc:
- Six-screw discs are commonly used on hubs with six standard screw holes.
- Center lock discs are mounted on Center lock hubs and do not use screws to attach them together.
There are two types of commonly used brake discs: 6-screw disc and Center lock disc
The cassette will have two basic types as follows:
- The standard crank will use Shimano’s 8, 9, 10 and 11-stage cassettes.
- The XD cassette will use Sram’s 71-stage lip and 12-stage cassette. At the same time, only Sram monolithic cassettes can be used, and other standard cassettes will not be mounted.
The standard crank will use Shimano’s 8, 9, 10 and 11-stage cassettes
Through the above article, lassho.edu.vn has just provided you with useful information about what a bicycle seat is and the types of popular bicycle covers today. Hope you will have the most enjoyable cycling experience.
Thank you for reading this post What is a bike rack? The most popular types of bike racks at Lassho.edu.vn You can comment, see more related articles below and hope to help you with interesting information.