You are viewing the article Should I buy a laptop with a discrete card? How to choose a discrete video card for a laptop at Lassho.edu.vn you can quickly access the necessary information in the table of contents of the article below.
The laptop has a built-in discrete graphics card that provides powerful performance and smooth image processing. However, many users wonder if they should buy a laptop with a discrete card? So let’s find out with lassho.edu.vn through the following article!
What is discrete graphics card?
Discrete graphics card is a form of external graphics processing board , composed of two parts GPU and Video Memory that play the role of processing images displayed on the computer screen. Separate GPU and Video Memory are suitable for running heavy applications and delivering high quality images.
Discrete graphics cards are integrated on most high-end computers and laptops. On the market, discrete graphics cards are manufactured by two famous technology companies from the US as follows:
- AMD: The processor chip on the graphics card is the VPU (Video Process Unit).
- NVIDIA: The processing chip on the graphics card is the GPU (Graphic Processing Unit).
The discrete graphics card products are mostly distributed by MSI, Gigabyte, Asus, … The name on the graphics card will help buyers distinguish the generations as well as the specialized use in games or graphics. disaster.
Should I buy a laptop with a discrete card?
Discrete graphics cards are preferred by many users because of the following outstanding advantages:
- No lag and image breakage: Thanks to the card’s ability to process images and graphics under high speed, powerful.
- The ability to handle heavy applications and images smoothly: Because the discrete graphics card does not take up RAM, it does not affect the operation of the device.
- Many visual effects: Well serve the needs of high-graphics gaming and graphic design.
- Use a separate slot and independent from the server: The discrete card can be linked to the mainboard through the communication bus in expansion slots such as PIC, PIC Express or AGP.
Besides the outstanding advantages, the graphics card also has some disadvantages as follows:
- High cost : Because of its strong performance to help the machine run smoothly and work better, the price of a laptop equipped with this card will cost about 21 million or more.
- Heavy machine weight : Because the manufacturer equips with a larger capacity heat dissipation system to minimize machine overheating.
- Consumption of power : When the device is in operation, it is subject to large amounts of heat and consumes an additional amount of power to operate the device.
Who should buy a laptop with a discrete graphics card?
Laptops equipped with discrete graphics cards are recommended for the following objects:
- Users often use software related to image editing, video or design such as Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Illustrator, …
- Suitable for people with high entertainment needs like professional gamers because the laptop can meet the graphics configuration of heavy games.
In addition, you only need to use a laptop to handle basic tasks, light games or office work, a laptop with a card is not necessary. If using a discrete card, it will cost a lot of money, battery, energy and easily damage CPU and RAM if not used properly.
How to choose a discrete video card for a laptop
Determining the right user needs
Usage demand is an important criterion for users to choose whether to buy a laptop with a discrete video card or not. First, determine what work to buy a laptop for, what application to process images and videos on or what game to play.
As for gaming, most of today’s 3D games can run well on popular cards such as GTX 1050, GTX 1050 Ti or more powerful like: GTX 1060, GTX 1070 ,… suitable choice.
In addition, learn about the minimum configuration requirements for the software you need to use to make a more suitable device choice.
Choose a model with a good heat sink
If the graphics card is powerful, it will have a very high heat level , so it requires the laptop to have a good heat sink for the machine to work more efficiently. Therefore, when choosing a laptop with a discrete graphics card, choose a device with a high-end radiator that comes with a powerful graphics card.
This selection criterion also ensures that the components in the machine will operate stably and reliably, without problems or performance loss due to overheating. Therefore, users can equip additional heat sinks, laptop stands or cooling fans to help reduce heat more effectively.
Above is an article to share whether to buy a laptop with a discrete card and how to choose a discrete video card for a laptop. Hopefully with this information, you will choose the right product for your needs!
Thank you for reading this post Should I buy a laptop with a discrete card? How to choose a discrete video card for a laptop at Lassho.edu.vn You can comment, see more related articles below and hope to help you with interesting information.