You are viewing the article Should I buy a gaming laptop for graphics? at Lassho.edu.vn you can quickly access the necessary information in the table of contents of the article below.
Some gaming laptop lines such as Asus TUF Gaming, Acer Nitro, … are equipped with powerful configuration, outstanding performance not only for gaming but also for handling tasks quickly. Let’s find out with lassho.edu.vn whether to buy a gaming laptop for graphics!
Categorize graphic design needs
Graphic design is divided into different levels but common with the following 3 types of design:
- 2D graphics : Design to create simple and close images such as posters, flyers, product packaging, namecards, standees, logos, staff uniforms,… This job requires a laptop to be installed. Software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Corel Draw,…
- 3D graphics : This is an upgraded design from 2D including 3D videos, gifs, movies, architectural drawings, interiors, construction, products with motion, sound, lighting, color schemes, etc. .. 3D graphics software has a heavy capacity, so the machine must have a strong configuration.
- 4D Graphics : Help create perfect motion movies by applying 3D graphic design to the product. Some popular software for 3D graphic design such as After Effect, Premiere, Sony Vegas,… these applications have heavy configuration.
The required criteria of a laptop to do graphics
To choose to buy a laptop for good graphics work, you need to understand the necessary criteria of a graphics laptop as follows:
- Core i5 CPU or higher: The graphics industry often uses heavy-duty design software, so laptops need to be equipped with Core i5 or higher CPU processors for smooth and fast operation.
- RAM 8GB or more: This is the basic amount of RAM that a laptop needs to have to launch design software. If you regularly design 3D, the laptop needs to use 16GB RAM.
- The machine has a discrete graphics card: Design work requires the machine to be able to handle color, resolution details, and contrast of the image, so the machine needs a graphics card to best meet the job. .
- At least 512GB SSD integrated storage: Provides data security, improves design file reading speed and application opening time.
- High heat dissipation : Support the machine to operate smoothly, avoiding damage to internal components.
Can gaming laptops do graphics?
Gaming laptops mostly have CPUs from Core i5 or higher, powerful graphics cards from manufacturers such as NVIDIA and AMD. In addition, the storage hard drive is 512 GB or more with a minimum of 8 GB RAM. Thereby, it can be confirmed that gaming laptops can be used for graphics.
However, your work is often related to 4D graphic design, so you should choose specialized graphic design machines that will ensure more efficient performance.
Should I buy a gaming laptop for graphics?
As you know, gaming laptops are equipped with modern technologies with powerful processors, smooth configuration, so they are perfectly suitable for graphic work. However, for each different design need, there will be different levels of design.
Therefore, when buying a gaming laptop for graphics, consider carefully whether the configuration meets the current design needs. If the device meets your needs, then choosing to buy a gaming laptop for graphics is completely reasonable .
How to choose a gaming laptop to do graphics?
Powerful CPU Selection
CPU is an important component of a laptop that directly affects working performance, ensuring the laptop works efficiently. Therefore, you should prioritize choosing a gaming laptop with a powerful CPU, multi-threading, with at least 2 active cores and high cache to complete tasks easily.
At the same time, you should choose laptops equipped with Core i5 or higher processors and lines with H, HQ, and QM codes that will meet better graphics performance.
Laptop with discrete graphics card is preferred
Graphics work requires high image processing, so you should choose a machine with a discrete graphics card on a gaming laptop. This will support smoother graphics work, avoid lag, and freeze to improve working performance.
Please choose 128bit discrete graphics card and RAM type from GDDR3 or higher. If you are learning basic 2D graphics and design, then choose integrated cards or discrete cards like NVIDIA MX130, NVIDIA MX250, etc. As for 3D graphics, multi-dimensional model design, you should choose GTX 1050 or higher. go up.
The display is sharp
To design quality images, choose accurate colors, choose a sharp display, with screen resolutions from Full HD to 4k and use IPS or VA panels. At the same time, choose a device with a screen size of 15 inches or more to view the image at a wider viewing angle.
In addition, depending on the needs of the work, you can equip the laptop with a touch screen for more convenience.
RAM from 8GB and SSD from 256GB
Graphic design work requires high machine speed to be smooth because dozens of windows must be open at the same time, manipulating continuous movement between layers in graphics software. Therefore, you should choose a machine with at least 8GB of RAM.
At the same time, graphics need to store many design files, images, data and applications, so the laptop must have a very large capacity. Because of this, you should equip yourself with a laptop with an SSD hard drive of 256GB or more to help provide comfortable storage space.
Good heat dissipation
The laptop’s temperature increases when users open design applications continuously. This can affect machine performance and reduce component life. Therefore, when buying a graphics laptop, you should choose a laptop equipped with additional heat dissipation technology .
With information on the topic “Should I buy a gaming laptop for graphics?”. Hopefully, it will be easier for you to choose to buy a gaming laptop that suits your graphics needs. If you have any questions, please comment below!
Thank you for reading this post Should I buy a gaming laptop for graphics? at Lassho.edu.vn You can comment, see more related articles below and hope to help you with interesting information.