You are viewing the article Learn about common materials used on laptops at Lassho.edu.vn you can quickly access the necessary information in the table of contents of the article below.
Depending on the characteristics of each brand, each laptop line and price segment, the frame material and outer shell of the laptop will be different. This article will review the materials commonly used on laptops and better understand the advantages and disadvantages of each of these materials.
Plastic material is often used on popular, cheap laptops. Among the many types of plastic, Polycarbonate is the most commonly used material not only in laptops but also in other electronic devices.
– Low price
– Easy to process and shape
– High safety, non-conductive
– Do not block Wifi waves
– Not highly aesthetic, easy to discolor
– Poor endurance
– Poor heat dissipation
Aluminum material is often used on high-end, luxurious, thin and light laptops.
– High aesthetics
– Efficient heat dissipation
– Solid machine structure
– Often used in thin and light laptop designs
– High price
– Difficult to process
– Heavier than plastic material
– There may be an electric leak, causing a slight shock
– Easily scratched, dented when strong impact
Magnesium and magnesium alloy : Magnesium for high durability, good heat dissipation and only 2/3 as light as aluminum. High-end laptops often use Magnesium or alloys such as Aluminum Magnesium, Carbon Magnesium to create a high-end, luxurious look for the device.
Alcantara fabric : is a new material, with water resistance, good bearing capacity, anti-fouling, high durability. This material first debuted on Microsoft’s 2017 Surface Pro laptop.
Luxury materials : Some limited edition laptops are made from special materials such as gold, precious stones, natural wood, animal skin, … with prices up to hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Plastic case, metal back
Combining plastic and metal to make a laptop case is a pretty good idea for manufacturers, in an era when users want a high-end device but at an affordable price.
– Low price.
– Lighter weight than all-metal design machines.
– Do not block Wi-Fi waves.
– Strong, luxurious metal back
– The metal back is easy to scratch and deform when subjected to strong force.
– The plastic cover changes color over time.
– Heavier weight than the all-plastic design
Thank you for reading this post Learn about common materials used on laptops at Lassho.edu.vn You can comment, see more related articles below and hope to help you with interesting information.